Eden Quality XP 8x42 ‘roof prism’ binoculars render an exceptionally clear and crisp image with excellent edge sharpness. 8x magnification, wide field of view plus fast, simple focusing. Filled with nitrogen and suitable for use in temperatures of up to - 20 ° Celsius. Differences compared to the HD 8x42 binoculars
+ Sharper and clearer image (12% more light transmission) thanks to the addition of special dielectric and phase-correction coatings on the prisms.
+ Even higher edge sharpness
+ 100 grams lighter in weight thanks to the high-quality PPS body
+ Can be used up to a temperature of -20 ° Celsius
+ Top-quality accessories (carry case and carry strap) Differences compared to the ED 8x42 binoculars
+ Sharper and clearer image (10% more light transmission) thanks to the addition of special dielectric and phase-correction coatings on the prisms.
+ 20 grams lighter in weight thanks to the high-quality PPS body
+ Accessories of an even higher quality (carry case and carry strap)
+ Better close focus distance (1.2 metres instead of 3.5 metres)
+/- Conventional dioptre-adjustment ring at the left ocular, cannot be moved accidentally
- Slightly narrower field of view (129 metres as opposed to 142 metres at 1,000 metres)
- Despite no ED glass, an extremely clear, bright image. Slightly more colour fringing along the edges of the image than with the ED 8x42 binoculars Optical qualities: wide, bright and sharp image
These binoculars feature top-quality optical elements that are usually only found in much more expensive binoculars.(See Eden Quality price advantage).
The high-quality optics guarantee an exceptionally bright and crisp image with excellent edge sharpness (=sharpness up to the edge of the image). The lenses and prisms are also carefully aligned or collimated, which ensures that you can look through these binoculars comfortably, avoiding possible eye strain.
An outstanding feature of these binoculars is their very wide field of view. This measures no less than 129 metres at a distance of 1,000 metres, which is is exceptionally good for 8x42 binoculars! Coupled with their fast and simple focusing feature, using these binoculars is a piece of cake.
The XP models deliver a very high light transmission thanks to the special dielectric and phase-correction coatings on the prisms. The results are crisp and clear images.
The binoculars can be focused on objects at a very close range, up to around 1.2 metres! This is ideal for viewing insects, for example. Roof prism binoculars: compact and gas tight
These binoculars are the so-called ‘roof prism’ type of binoculars. Roof prism binoculars are constructed in such a way that the lenses are in line with each other. This makes the binoculars narrow and compact and, above all, airtight as well. This is because the volume of air does not change inside the binoculars when focusing, unlike the so-called ‘porro’ binoculars, where the external volume of the binoculars does shift and the binoculars appear to aspirate and insufflate air when focusing. Nitrogen-filled: no condensation
During manufacture, the binoculars are filled with nitrogen, making it possible to use the binoculars in temperatures of up to -20 °C without fogging up. Suitable for glasses wearers
Thanks to the 18mm eye relief and the sturdy ‘twist-up’ eye cups, these binoculars are ideal for glasses wearers. Eden Quality price advantage!
We have our Eden Quality binoculars specially produced by a manufacturer who also produces a large number of well-known brands. This cuts out a brand and a distributor in the sales chain and that means that the price advantages is yours! That is why these binoculars are comparable with binoculars that cost a great deal more. Product specifications:
- Magnification: 8 x
- Diameter of the objective: 42 mm
- Prism system: Roof
- Prism glass: BAK-4
- Coatings: Prism: Dielectric phase-correction, lenses FMC for optimal light transmission and colour rendition
- Focus system: Central
- Field of view 129 metres wide at a distance of 1,000 metres (=387 feet at 1,000 yards, = 7,4°)
- Exit pupil: 5,3 mm
- Twilight factor (Zeiss method): 18,3 *
- Eye relief:18 mm
- Near focus: 1.2 m
- Body material: Carbon fibre reinforced PPS
- Tripod mountable
- Weight: 660 grams
- Dimensions: 145 x 120 x 55 mm
- Accessories: case, carry strap, objective protection covers, cleaning cloth
- Eye cup: Twist up, suitable for glasses wearers
- Waterproof/fogproof: Yes
- Warranty: 25 years on material and construction defects
- Manual Eden Binoculars
*: The Zeiss twilight factor indicates the suitability of binoculars for twilight use.The twilight factor is calculated by applying the following formula: square root of the magnification x objective diameter. N.B.:
- 1: This calculation does not take into account the optical quality of the binoculars, which is a very important factor.
- 2: Sometimes the twilight performance index is specified as (objective /magnification) squared. This is an incorrect standard and is not comparable with the Zeiss twilight factor.